Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Run, Kristin, Run!

I have recently made the decision to run my first full marathon on October 18, 2009! It will be the Nike Women's Marathon held in San Francisco, CA. I am going to be running as a member of Team in Training, part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). In exchange for receiving expert training on running, nutrition, etc., I have committed myself to raise at least $3,300 for LLS. The funds raised will be used to go toward the effort of wiping out blood cancers! I have been wanting to get in shape for a long while now (yes, even when I was pregnant with Noah I would longingly look at my old pictures, imagining I could look like that skinny girl again one day). Well, obviously my desire to get in shape hasn't gotten me too far lol, so I have decided to try & motivate myself by helping others. When I am tired on Saturday mornings and want to sleep in, I won't anymore. I have team members who will rely on me to show up and work hard just like they do. In addition to that, there are infants, young children, teens, and adults who are relying on me to raise money to find a cure for what they suffer from. This experience is not about me getting my body beach ready (although that will be a nice perk :) )- it is about getting off my butt to do something for others and try to help in some small way. On October 18 when I get tired from running 26.2 miles I will think of those who fight a much tougher battle everyday and that I am doing this for them because they deserve to live their lives just like the rest of us. I know times are tough right now, but please check out the link below and support me if you are able to. Every little bit helps & it may make the difference in a person's life. Pass it on to others if you think they might be interested in supporting me as well. Thank you!

Love, Kristin

http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/nikesf09/ksteiner

No comments: